Dental Practice Manager - Part Time
|Job Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Sector||Non-clinical Medical - Medical Practice Manager|
|Salary||£25000 - £30000 pro rata|
- Dental Practice Manager
Our client is a private clinic in Kensington and are seeking a Part Time Dental Practice Manager, 20 - 25 hours per week. Flexible working for this role is possible including the possibility of remote working. Initially this will be a temporary role with the possibility of going permanent.
- Tobe the primary liaison between Dentists, Dental Nurses and the appointment booking team
- Ensure the smooth running of the administrative functions of the clinic.
- Providing administrative support to the clinicians and other members of the clinic team
- Coordinate clinicians’ schedules and keep patient records up to date
- Ensure patients are recalled and booked for correct appointments.
- Respond to patients’ questions, queries and requests by telephone and email
- Take messages for other team members of the team, Dental Nurses and Clinicians, ensure they received and act on these messages
- Make appointments over the telephone or email, process any cancellations or rescheduling requests.
- Handle requests for emergency appointments and consultations
- Register new patients and handle changes to Patient Information
- Scan and file correspondence in Patient Records
- Input Patient data to the computer system and ensure admin notes are up to date
- Ensure discretion and confidentiality when dealing with Patient details to ensure GDPR legislation is followed correctly
- Assist in production of information for clinical audit
- Provide administrative support to Clinical staff and other members of the team – word processing, copying, faxing and preparation of documents
- Process patient payments as necessary
- Provide support and guidance to existing staff and to new staff
- Attend and participate in Clinic team meetings.
- Maintain system software administration, contact software IT engineers to make any necessary changes to the software and resolve any issues or improvements
- Maintain the recall system for patients; keep recalls up to date and contact patients when necessary
- Communicate with the accounts department in chasing outstanding invoices/payments and to set up direct debits
- Coordinate Clinicians’ schedules and patient records for any incorrect bookings or clashes, resolve all issues
- Act as first point of contact in any emergency maintenance, IT and delivery requests
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal confidently with Patients and Clinicians in a friendly and professional manner
- Use own initiative and able to work with well under pressure
- Be flexible to the need of the business
- The Practice Manager is the main point of contact for any issues other than straight forward appointment bookings. The role requires excellent communication and customer care skills, a friendly and polite manner.
- Messages and written communications must be accurate and clear, to prevent mistakes and miscommunication.
- You must be able to communicate effectively with colleagues for teamwork purposes
Competence and Professional Development
The role requires the following commitment to continuing professional development (CPD):
- Participation in annual appraisal and personal development planning
- Undertake training and development as agreed with the Line Manager at appraisal
This is a temp to perm role with an immediate start
- Hourly rates: £14 - £16 per hour (depending on experience)
- Permanent salary: £25,000 - £30,000 pro rata (depending on experience)